Thread: FireRed hack: Pokémon Palladium
View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:54 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I've gotten a little farther, and I have more feedback: Don't you think you're curving the levels a bit too much? Sure it's fun to have high levels, but you're not giving enough opponents to let the player reach that high of a level range.

For instance, I've battled every trainer I could find, and I'm at the second Gym. My team is:
Lv16 Sandshrew
Lv16 Mareep
Lv18 Ivysaur

And one of the trainers in the Gym has a whopping Lv21 Ivysaur. That's borderline ridiculous, the battle ended with my Ivysaur using Struggle until it fainted from recoil damage (and his Ivysaur ended up using Struggle too).

I'm not even going to bother challenging the second leader until all of my Pokemon are at least Lv20, since if a gym Trainer reaches Lv21, I can just imagine how high you made the actual Gym Leader...

I haven't challenged David (was that his name?) yet, but Lv21 seems like an appropriate level for the Gym Leader, instead of that annoying Pokemon Breeder. Also, when all of my Pokemon were Lv8-10, one of the trainers had a Lv13 Butterfree, which was pretty much impossible to beat.
I noticed this myself. When I was messing around the other day I noticed the highest level on Shorea Path is 7, than the Gym in Metrous City has levels 11-15. Before I release beta two I plan on going back and replaying the whole thing a few times to make sure it's fair.

This is the feedback I like. Because I know I can always improve something. Thanks for taking the time out and letting me know.

P.S. If you want to know David's team is:

Spoiler:

Level 21 Ariados
Level 23 Scyther
Level 25 Bayleef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklink5222 View Post
For some strange reason, I can't find any Pokemon literally none...did I get a bad FR ROM?
Make sure you're using a clean FireRed ROM. If you are then trying using a different FireRed ROM. Just make sure it's English.