Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Map Name: N/A

Map Game: Pokémon Emerald Version

Comments: This one's different. I wanted to do something special for my 1,000th post but the only thing that I could think of (that didn't require a lot of planning) was to post a map. I noticed that I hadn't made a new map in almost a year so I wanted to see if I still had it in me. I didn't want to make just any old map, though. So I challenged myself to create a fully Nintendo-styled map. I've always liked my style of mapping because I feel like it's a nice balance between natural- and Nintendo-styled mapping but until this map, I had yet to give full-on Nintendo-styled mapping a concentrated effort. So basically, the idea behind this map was to to try to get as close to a real, Nintendo (or Game Freak, if you prefer) map as possible. In the process, I learned that Nintendo maps aren't defined by "squareness" or empty space. There's so much more to them and that's the essence that I tried to capture with this map.
If you're going to rate it, please only rate it on how accurately I emulated the Nintendo style. I only want criticism on how well I did in that regard.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:
Review: I really like this map! It's cool and really looks natural, too! You havn't left a single thing out, from the flowers too the dirt which berries grow in. I really can't find anything wrong.
Rating: 10/10

-------------------

And now, for my map:
Map name: Pallet town
Map game: Firered
Comments: I made this map to practice tileinserting and because I was bored. It's a re-mapping of pallet town.
Map:
Spoiler:

this is not a signature