View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Reviewed Map:

Review: Your mapping has improved much better than last time, but still, it could use some work. I still see some tile errors here and there, but not a whole lot like last time. The mountains finally line up correctly. But the way you map your trees... It's so straight. Trees don't grow in rows. Make it look more natural. Add more flowers also. And you're only using one grass tiles. Put some different grass tiles on there. That's why they're there. And it should be more like a route then a town, the way the place is mapped. Also you're gonna get border problems.

Suggestions: Make the tree placement more random, fix tile errors, add more flowers, add more than that one certain grass tile to make more natural, fix lining of trees at the border if you don't want border problems, add a path, remove tall grass.
i'm with destiny on this one, but I like it. My only REAL problem is that you're gonna have serious border issues, so you can do one of three things:

1. Make the mountains go off the map in a place where the player won't see and make the trees line up.

2. Make the player unable to see the edges

3. (easiest way) increase all the edges by 7x5 squares, and map all of those.

Hope this helped. BTW, you have a pretty good mapping style. Keep it up!

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||