View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2010 (6:56 PM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier
Nature: Serious
Hmm... even before I got into Advanceshipping, when Misty left it didn't bother me at all. It was a nice change I think because I simply didn't like her personality (Remember this is through 10 year old deduction, which is very messed up). Although, I don't remember my thoughts exactly, because I was on a hiatus for new episodes of Pokemon because I never had any idea when or where they aired until after the Jotho League.

But omg, I still remember when I was like 7-9 years old when I would go freakin crazy over watching the original series just because it was Pokemon. I remember I cried once when my mom didn't let me watch Pokemon when it aired during evenings in Cartoon Network like a looong time ago. I can't even bother counting the years. But as I was exposed to the internet and my reasoning developed, my opinions changed. Right now I am simply not 1% of a fan of the original series (1% might be an understatement also, recall that I tantrumed when I didn't watch Pokemon).

Yet, I feel like I grew up without a childhood because it was because of the earlier series of Pokemon contributed with my childishness that I suffered severe bullying at elementary school. All I know is that back then had joy mixed in with the pain of being socially different, and I dropped trying to bother remembering much of those days. Also contributive to why I'm not such a fan anymore and why I have not a positive like for Misty. Of course, I couldn't drop Pokemon alltogether, but after I set my maturity on semi-decent track during Hoenn, I must have just snapped out anything with the original series, because I refuse to look at myself during such immature days.

And, I guess that's my opening thesis on the original series, and how it impacted my life. I guess if I wasn't so different, I'd have a better sense of nostalgia, but for sure my academic situation would not be the same.
Insert some Pokemon or Detective Conan related image and witty caption here.

If you talk mean about my Conan+Ai OTP I'll make you see the barrel of my coilgun