Thread: FireRed hack: The Ultimate Black/White Demake!
View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2010 (02:00 PM).
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Pro View Post
Yay, somebody's using my indexed B/W sprites! I was meaning to test them out, how do the backsprites look, I had some comments that they were too low(i'll explain more if needed) and I would like the opinion of someone that inserted them.

Anyways, I would like to see some scripting and whatnot as well as some screens of the Pokemon inserted. ;D If you need any help, just shoot me a PM. Good luck with this!
The sprites are totally great! Some I had to repoint for, but all in all, great!

I got a few screens for you: (Note~ I didn't change the names yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Field View Post
Ill be ur translator!!! I can speak japanese and i live in america! I am really good at both
Really?! Great! I'll send you a PM and maybe we can works things out! ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Hmm, a B/W demake.

I guess you will be using the English names as soon as they are revealed?

Well, seeing as D/P/Pt demakes didn't get too far in the past, it is natural for doubts for this, but considering that you are determined, I'll overlook it.

As for name, that could be harder... Why not Pokemon Shade, seeing as Black and White are technically shades? Anyway, if this gets far, I will try it, and I will hope to see how you will play the 2 legendaries (perhaps similar to Emerald, in that they fight...) What will definitely be interesting is how you will allow the White Forest and the... Was it Black City? I can't remember...

Oh and the plural for Pokemon is... Pokemon. Like the plural for sheep is sheep.

I can't comment on much more, as you've not shown much. The maps, I presume are perfect demakes of the official ones? Either way, I don't like the number of flowers, but that is just me. No scripts shown yet, tiles that are due to change... Hard to criticise due to the changes you plan and that if you want it exact, you can't change the maps when they are criticised...
-I actually think I will let you customize Cheren's name and keep Bel's name, since it's so short.
-Finding out where to put Black City (You got it right) and white Forest will definitely be fun. Oh boy, I can't wait.
-Thanks, I also never knew sheep plural version was sheep. I thought it was something along the lines of sheepi, like cacti for cactus.
-I don't want to keep every map perfectly like the original, if I add just a little bit of originality, It'll be better. In the actual B/W games, Route 1 has tons of flowers (it also has this real nice animation where flowers float across the screen) on either sides so I decided to have one of those patches of flowers, which just so happened to covered with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random92 View Post
I have a suggestion for the name. Pokémon Blite.

Good luck with your project.
Thanks, I'll consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
How about Pokemon Yin and Yang?
Pokemon Dark and Light?
Nice, I'll put it into the random hat!