Thread: [Tool] DS Map Graphics Editor
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2010 (3:52 AM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier
Nature: Calm
3D mapping is different from other consoles... since it's all on the Nintendo DS engine. It's gonna be so fantastic to see the first map editor.

Quote originally posted by Link_971:
It's more harder than 3G.
Because models (houses, buildings) and textures (grass, trees) are separate in the Map.

That's why i've made other modes.
Hm... interesting. I had a feeling the Structure Objects and Layout Objects were sepparate because when I used the Walk Through Walls code... the textures on the Layout Objects were missing on a map that was supposed to have them, which only leaves it completely white.

As for the Structure Objects... they just appear as a block with gridlines in it.

It feels as if it might be a little easier to edit D/P with a tool like a map editor... because in the 3rd generation... we haven't figured out how to add new movements to different tiles.

Some Layout Objects probably have different frames, for the different textures. Because there's some Structure Objects that have movement, like the Wind Turbines for instance, they might have the different frames for the movement, as for the flowers probably are based on the different textures.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!