Thread: FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestium
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
I'm laughing at this pretty hard. In your previous screenshot you had a textbox which obscured the trees, but in this one its is revealed that once again you've used an incorrect tile. The trees are on shadows, whereas they should be on light patches XD

Also, judging from your other interior screen shots, I'm wondering why this one doesn't have a shadow running down the left side... I'll quit pointing out inaccurices and such now :x

I didn't say this before, but I really like the vibrant tree tiles and pallets - They just pop out at correspond with the grass really well. I'm also wondering wether you have the entrance to Lost Forest in this screenshot, since I can see some mildly different tree-shadowing. If it is your entrence, I'd advise you to make it more pronounced as at this point the player could easily walk by without noticing it Yes, I know there is a sign but I feel like my point still stands :<

Anyway, this is turning out be be a nice hack. I'll still be lurking in the shadows for moar :3

LOL, it's always the inside of houses that I miss

Thanks for the comments Dr.Fuji ;D

Sprite Updates:

OK, not really a sprite update. I was trying to make it look good, but didn't come out how I liked for it to have, so it's public D;

I'm probably going to end up making back sprites for the Fakemon the in public section that I think have the most potential to be used by other people later.

Other Updates:

http://romhacktube.com/video/UBO5DXAKS8HB/Intro-bit
The only glitch is that Charmader goes over the hero (Which I've fixed ;D )
Some of you may have already seen it. Oh and Dr.Fuji's probably going to bash me for the black text :x

Also screens of Lost Forest, and Route 4 :

Lost forest random screenshot.

Route five random screenshot.

I took the screenshot just before the YES NO box came up, so you can see everything.

I tried to make Lost Forest and Route 5 a little more laid back, because next is Mayven village, where the real action's going to start ;D
If you noticed, the pals are a tad toned down because it's cloudy.

Oh and I added a couple of the trainers from the trainer application thing, I just forgot to take screens of that ;D
I'll update the first post now.

EDIT: I've been keeping track, if you counted all the screenshots (not including sprites), I've taken a total of 50 ;D

Last edited by Alignment; October 10th, 2010 at 08:25 PM.