View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
What do you like to come to G&P for?
When I come to Graphics and Photography, I'm usually lurking or looking for inspirational ideas since I'm on a long hiatus right now, and I really want to tear myself out of it.

What would you like to see more of here?
I liked it back in '08 and '09 the number of group shops that we had going on. I felt as though a lot of activity came from them and made the section more enjoyable. Currently, there are numbers of galleries running down the main board, but they never seem as enticing like they used to be; or maybe it's just me.

Other than that, I wish there were more photography threads. I love seeing what creative images people can take from the simple snap of a camera. They always catch my attention. After all, the section is Graphics and Photography; Me, wishing there were more photographic galleries.

Are you a graphic artist or do graphics yourself?
Yes, I would say I am. Except, I'm on a bit of a hiatus right now, and I'm looking for the motivation / inspiration to get back into it.

Do you ever enter the competitions which G&P host in the Competitions sub-forum? If so, why/why not?
I do, but only those that I'm really interested in. I think it's because of my hiatus that has me lazy to take on most of them.

They are fun, and I like the challenge.

Do you think that Shop's are becoming a thing of the past? If yes, why so?
Unfortunately, they are which is disappointing. I liked it back when we had a bunch of shops running as I mentioned earlier. To me it showed more skill in those who were apart of them because they had to work with what they were given (if it wasn't declined).

I guess without the shops and people learning to do more graphics on their own or having less of a care to request, they just faded. Not to mention, people having their own lives and not being able to keep up with continuous requests.

If you could change one thing about this section, what would it be?
Hmm, we have our weekly SotW and IotW. If I could change one thing, it would be to allow members who win the SotW or IotW competitions to host the upcoming week’s competition with their choice of theme. Of course they should follow a certain format when doing it so it still looks official, but with this, I think it allows more members to actually take part in the section’s events.

Last edited by Guy; December 9th, 2010 at 07:49 AM.