View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
FireRed graphics suit it much better than any fan-made tilesets would.
I was talking about a different thing.

I said that Johto should look at least a bit different from Kanto. For example, the houses in the towns should have their own designs, so that they don't look exactly the same as the houses in some town in Kanto.

Also, I think that the look of trees, signs, Gyms etc. should look different between Kanto and Johto, as it did in GSC. That's my concern here.

In GSC, where you went to Kanto, you really felt that you're in a different region, as it had different tileset. No fan remake I've seen so far has kept this feeling.

And I think that the designs for buildings and the like should be made from scratch, based on those from HGSS (so, for example, houses in Violet City are wooden with violet roof etc.) but they should be made in overall FRLG graphic style (as I said, I hate mimicking NDS graphic style in GBA hacks).
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.