View Single Post
  #77    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:59 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX Kazuki View Post
hmmm then how u gonna do the national park event (bug catching) ? :I
oh maybe u can make it once a day (regardless of what day it is :p)
and the same goes to the guy offering the moves

where can i check the time in the game? there's only a clock in the game it's at my house....or maybe can u set the clock in the PokeGear? :D
Maybe, but not likely.
Also, the clock will probably go into the PokéGear, yes, once I figure out how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
No thanks. One, I haven't quite finished it yet. Two, it's not really necessary until you get to Kanto. While you're working towards completing Johto, I'll work on my side of the project. I'll let you know when I think I've made a more finished product.
Okay then, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
Hmm...

I appreciate your dedication and I love your work thus far.
The beta is quite enjoyable.

My main concern is that it doesn't offer much beyond the usual remake of G/S.
I mean, Shiny Gold was a Gold Remake with a few bits here and there.
Crystal Shards was a G/S/C remake with lots of extras thrown in.

There's other remakes out there that also offer a complete recreation of G/S.

My main concern is that it's just G/S with better graphics with the possible addition of the Sevii Islands (which is awesome).
Which is what HG/SS gave us. Not entirely a complete recreation but it gave us G/S with better graphics and one or two new features.

Nevertheless, I will continue to play this when you release further betas/the full game.
GOOD LUCK WITH IT!
Well, it is, after all, probably the most accurate and best scripted GSC remake.
Mine will have a lot of extras, but only after the GSC section of it because, well, I don't want to change too much from the original storyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselection View Post
I've played your hack up to the first cave(Ran into a glitch). So, I guess I should give you a review.





Things I liked
  • The fact that the door in Bellsprout Tower was animated. Sweet, thanks.
  • How closely everything is matched to the original G/S/C Thanks. :D
  • The scripts are very well done. Again, thanks.
  • Hoenn Pokemon in the grass. <3 Tha- wait, wait, what? That's a glitch.
Things I disliked
  • The Night palletes, you can edit them in the D/N tool you're using. I tried, and that's as dark as they get. :/
  • The high encounter rate for Pidgeys. Almost every. Single. One. Was a Pidgey. CD has the same exact encounter rates as Crystal...
  • No night pokemon(I'm sure you'll fix this.) As soon as a stable system comes in for Emerald, then yes.
  • The fact that there might not be much variation from original G/S/C to this. Wait, let me get this straight... YOu said you liked it because how close it was to GSC, and then you say you dislike it for the same reason? :?
Bugs / Glitches / Oddities
  • In the PokeGear, the prof. is named Birch, not Elm. Well, Elm never does give you your Pokédex rating... As soon as Gamer2020 releases his PokéNav editor (if he ever does XD) that'll be fixed. I could change it to Oak right now, but what would Elm's number be? :/
Spoiler:
  • And now, the one that stopped me from playing further. This glitch switched me with the nurse from the PokeCenter before the cave that links Violet to Azalea(Spelling?) Town. As in, I'm behind the counter with a discolored sprite, and my original sprite is on the other side of the counter. Also, note that pressing start and looking at your Pokemon will revert your sprite back to the original, but you'll still be behind the counter. I've taken screenies of both. Dang. :/ I thought I'd fixed all of these... Well, it's fixed now, and I've uploaded the fixed patch, so you can finally progress onto Azalea Town and Goldenrod City. :D
Spoiler:


  • Sometimes, when entering a building at night, the pallete switches to day for a brief moment then reverts. D/N system glitch, I can't fix it. :/
Now, I'm completely sure you can fix the first one. However, I have no idea as to how to fix the second. But, you're Diego. You can probably do it. Sadly, I can't fix the second one.




Suggestions
  • Change the Night part of the D/N System. I feel as if it's just a tiiiiny bit too bright. D/N system limitation.
  • Lower the Pidgey encounter rate. They drove me insane. xD The Pidgeys are the same as in Crystal.
  • The first route, the building that leads to the route that connects Blackthorn City with the first route, can you do something about the Pokemon there? I went in expecting a lvl 3 Geodude or something and caught a level 13 Marill by accident. (Sorry I'm not giving specific Route names. I can't remember them.) Yeah, this was a mistake on my part. I accidentally forgot to change the Pokémon on Route 46 when I mapped it. Fixed and uploaded.
  • In Bellsprout Tower, could you slightly darken the pallete to the floor tile? It seems too bright to me.
  • If it's possible, could you make it so music changes with night and day? Like, normal music during the day and kind of slower, softer music at night? I think it'd be a nice little feature to make this hack kind of more unique. Possibly, if I can get someone to do remixes like that.
Comments
  • Loads of people are saying that this is pointless because we already have G/S/C remakes. However, HG/SS are games I didn't particularly like. They didn't give me the same nostalgic feel I seemed to have while I played this. I thank you for bringing back my childhood memories of playing this game outside on the porch on my Gameboy color until the sun set and I had to go inside and play with regular lights. Or the memory of my parents driving to Connecticut and I made them buy a flashlight so I could play my Gold version at night. Don't give up Diego. Make this better than HG/SS. I know you can do it. :D:D:D:D
  • Fix the bugs. ;] Don't worry, (big) problems solved.
Well, that's all I can think to say. I hope you take all of this into consideration, as I think this'll help your hack. Or, if you throw it all out the window, I completely understand your point of view. Why would I ever do that? (well, why would I do that before I turned 16, at least? I am only 13, you know!)

Cheers,
-- Anselection
Responses in bold.
Nice long review there, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
+1 for Sevii Islands!! You would be completely remapping it, not just changing the warps or something?
Well, that's what I have planned. Just changing the warps would be stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
Another +1 vote for it to be in the Sevii Islands.

Also, agreed that the night is just a wee bit too bright.
Well, I guess it's unanimous then. :D
And, like I told Anselection above, it's a D/N system limitation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
I was talking about a different thing.

I said that Johto should look at least a bit different from Kanto. For example, the houses in the towns should have their own designs, so that they don't look exactly the same as the houses in some town in Kanto.

Also, I think that the look of trees, signs, Gyms etc. should look different between Kanto and Johto, as it did in GSC. That's my concern here.

In GSC, where you went to Kanto, you really felt that you're in a different region, as it had different tileset. No fan remake I've seen so far has kept this feeling.

And I think that the designs for buildings and the like should be made from scratch, based on those from HGSS (so, for example, houses in Violet City are wooden with violet roof etc.) but they should be made in overall FRLG graphic style (as I said, I hate mimicking NDS graphic style in GBA hacks).
I like and see what you're saying... until you get to the last paragraph. No, I won't be copying the buildings/trees from HG/SS because, if I did do your idea, then I think that fan-created ones would suit it much better.

But yeah, that might be something I do when I get to Johto... and maybe Sevii too. :D
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; October 28th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote