View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:35 AM
ben_pokemon
ツタージャ <3

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ben_pokemon
I still need to do these reviews.

So the Best Wishes started off finally in an one-hour special episode, and I gotta say that I was impressed. Much in contrary to DP where Dawn got all the attention to herself, Iris was put on the side and focused more in the second episode which was a bit refreshing, but annoying as well.

BW001:
This episode managed to pack so many things into 20 minutes. The super awesome Zekrom appearance and small foreshadowing by Iris's curiosity, we met prof. Araragi, Ash's arrogant and classy rival Shooty as well as many great segments regarding new Pokémon of Isshu. This episode also marks the start of a new and improved TR which I gladly approve. :D In terms of pacing, this episode managed it all well and I'm not even disappointed about the Pikachu's loss. He was practically toasted by Zekrom which was actually a great excuse, putting aside all those silly TR ambushes from the past.

Shooty proved to be vastly different from Paul, he's very smug and thinks he knows it all. Camera was a nice touch as well, I have a feeling we might see some of those pictures later on. (:

Oh and, Mijumaru is freaking adorable!

BW002:
IRIS! Hello gal! Well, she's not as wild as I expected, but hey! She's good enough for me. The fact that she's interested in Zekrom makes me curious as well, though I do wish we had actually seen Kibago battle in that episode. Mijumaru keeps stalking Ash which eventually saves Ash's and Iris's buts, lucky them! <_<

Can anyone tell me why is Ash such a newbie again? :/ I get it, he's excited, it's a whole new world ... BLABLABLA, but to forget to weaken a Pokémon before catching it, that just doesn't sound like him. Or maybe, it does?

I can't say I'm sad, because I'm thrilled that Jessie and James get an all new team. XD Koromori fits to Jessie and I'm curious seeing what else in store does Tomioka have for them. Giovanni seems intriguing as well, who knows what are his plans?

Overall, great start to a new saga! For the first time after four years, Team Rocket doesn't blast off anymore, the main girl isn't a coordinator yet again and Brock is no more! (no offense to the fans) Putting aside small things that annoyed such as lack of Iris's screntime and Kibago not doing anything - the writers handled these episode quite well! Keep it up, Tomioka!