View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2010 (02:04 PM). Edited October 28th, 2010 by diegoisawesome.
diegoisawesome
Please understand
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
It looks like I have some response work on my hands...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
I'll also keep a look out for glitches.
  • Would it be possible to make it so you get the Map Card after the old man gives it to you? As it is bugging me that you have it from the start of the game... XD For now, I can't...
  • I'm loving the fact that even small things like the radio (the tile, not the PokeGear function XD) are in the game. It's a shame they don't play music, but meh, I cna live without it. Cool, thanks. They'll play music (hopefully) later on in development.
  • The music is good too. Sweet.
  • I like the Mystery Egg's sprite. Actually, that's from HG/SS, I believe. XD
  • Oh, and how Mr. Pokemon has (what appears to be) a unique sprite. The same for Prof. Elm. Yeah. No more generic Scientist and Gentleman anymore!
  • I'm a bit disappointed that you don't get to name your rival. :\ Well, as it wasn't in the original Emerald, I couldn't do it yet.
  • No more Wally! :D Well, what did you expect? That I would leave him in? XD
  • Yay, Running Shoes! :D (For a second, I thought they wouldn't be in it.) Well, why wouldn't they be? I wouldn't have to force you to go through the whole game at a snail's pace! XD
  • Mum/Mom doesn't save your money? Nope, again a limitation of Emerald.
  • Didn't the machine in Prof. Elm's lab heal you in the original Pokemon Crystal, or am i thinking of something else...? Nevermind, you have to use the computer next to it! XD Yeah, just like Crystal, remember.
  • The box that shows how much money you have when you are at a PokeMat is slightly cut off. Here's a screenshot:
    Spoiler:
    Yes, that's caused by the font change. I'll have to fix that, as well as some other things, sometime or another.
  • According to the PokeGear, Youngster Joey is at the Union Cave when he should be at Route 30. Idk if you can change this, so excuse me if you can't. Limitation of not being able to edit the PokéNav yet.
  • Bug Catcher Wade doesn't get registered in your PokeGear. Again, I don't know if you're able to fix it. See above.
  • Despite the Ruins of Alph's puzzle being dodgy (which you already know about, so this isn't me reporting a bug), it was fun. Plus, I loved how the hero falls down the hole. XD I know it was the same in the original, but it's still oddly cute in a wierd way. XD Wait... You have the actual RoA? Download the latest patch at once, and restart from the beginning. Another person on here and I found out that all variables are reset upon use, so download the new patch and restart from the beginning.
  • I went and got the Running Shoes from Mom before I left, yet she still rings me to tell me I should have talked to her before I left, and says I don't have the Running Shoes... See above. That's one thing that'll happen because of that...
  • Yay, the hidden rooms in the Ruins of Alph are in it... free items! XD But how come when you go down the hole with the unown letters on the floor, you end up at Violet City?
    Spoiler:
    Dang it, seems as though I forgot to fix the warps... Again, download the new patch, everyone.
  • It seems Day/Night affects the evolution screen..? Fr example, if it's night, when you're Pokemon is evolving, the screen will still be tinted dark. o_o D/N system glitch.
  • Picnicker Liz doesn't get registered on the PokeGear... Is it only Joey who gets registered (out of the trainers you can battle)? Yeah, limitation of the PokéNav again. The trainers I replaced to have my own didn't have any PokéNav values, and therefore don't get registered correctly.
  • Nor does "you should take to your mom sometimes..." Ralph. Since I'm assuming it's only Joey who gets registered, I'm probably not going to say if a trainer that should get registered, doesn't get regisered into the PokeGear (unless there is another trainer that actually does get registered into the PokeGear.) Look at above answer.
  • Another little error (check the spoiler for a screenshot.)
    Spoiler:
    /]
    Yet again, download the new patch. (Jeez, so many [small] errors... XD)
  • I'm loving the FireBreather sprite. Credits to Pokémon Platinum GSC.
  • I love how you actually show Kurt lying on his back. :D See above answer.
  • I'm looking for a Dunsparce at the moment... I gave up on looking for Dunsparce! XD Where were you looking?
Responses in bold.
Thanks for being so thorough! I appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
Ah, except perhaps he was referring to the Sevii Islands or another such "new" area? Possibly. I might do that for Sevii if I can find good enough tilesets.

What's impressive isn't that it exists, but that it exists in a Johto remake. All the Fire Red revamps aside, last I checked the phone didn't work all that well even in Crystal Shards, which also used an Emerald base. Ah, I see.

Ah...was it like that in the original? How strange! XD No, in the original, Mom didn't have a title. Maybe I should change it to "Parent"? Yeah, I'll go ahead and do that. Release of this will be in next fix, not current.

The problem of last-letter overflow also exists in the money display, shown above by Retribution. Yes. As I told Retribution, this happens because of my changing Emerald's font to FireRed's. It doesn't matter all that much right now, anyways, because it isn't even Oak yet, so I'll leave it as that right now.

Responses in bold. (Always wanted to do that after seeing you do it!) It's just a really easy way to respond to everything singularly.
Responses in bold... copier! XD

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles