Thread: Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version
View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
Downloaded and played this hack (on livestream! it was fun! x3) and I'm really enjoying it so far; the sequence breaking (by which I mean the speed at which you acquire Surf and the doing-away of things such as gyms) keeps the game fresh, even though the setting is the same. I do think you could use a tile revamp of some sort, even though it's set in Hoenn and all. I'm also missing the female PC's overworlds, but that's just an aesthetic thing, like you said. Also there's a tile error in Littleroot town. Or maybe those white blocks are supposed to be there. I dunno.

I'm at Dewford and my team is:
Spoiler:
Koffing [Farmstink] Lv. 20
Dustox [Mr.Wiggles] Lv. 20
Qwilfish [Tentaquil] Lv. 16
Mysteryegg [Hyperion] Lv. 13
Pellipper [Aeropostal] Lv. 18

I'm doing a pseudo-Nuzlocke, by which I mean that I'm limiting myself to 1 per route and I was doing the release-if-faint thing until Koffing fainted and I was like "screw that." I'm really looking forward to exploring more!

Question; do Weezing or Qwilfish have further evolutions?
Oh wonderful! I do enjoy it when people enjoy things I've made. Now, Weezing originally had a third evolution called Hakking, but it no longer does. This was because it used to be the only starter. However, Qwilfish does have a further evolution. It evolves at Level 33 into the mysterious Pokémon silhouetted in one of the screenshots on the first post.

And I know about the tile error in Littleroot. I can't get it to disappear. And I haven't put in the female overworlds yet. Sorry, but since they're not essential, they'll go in last, like the Pokémon icons.

The sequence-breaking was a major factor in creating this game. HMs appearing in the same order and the endless routine of Gyms get kind of boring - so there are now only three Gyms left in the game, one of which is in Dewford, one of which isn't really a Gym, and one of which is in, of all places, Pacifidlog town...

Oh! Almost forgot: If anyone has got far enough, please don't Fly back to Littleroot Town yet and Surf across the water... Because the area beyond that is nowhere near finished yet, and you won't be able to get back out again if you go there. I'll block it off in the next update, but still.

EDIT: I love the names of the Pokémon on your team... especially Mr. Wiggles.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.

Last edited by Cutlerine; October 31st, 2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Forgot something