View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2010 (12:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by RASENCERO:
Spoiler:
I would find it strange if his powerlessness would go on for much longer. Especially since it seems unlikely that a flashback is coming up. Unless the new guy has some sort of extensive history in SS.

A new theory I thought of today:
Mugetsu isn't the final getsuga tensho because it will cause the user to lose power, but it is final because after using it, the Ichigo learn a new power instead. A more awesome Ban Kai/ SS4. Isshin coincidently discovered how to do so without actually knowing it. The period after Mugetsu and SS4 the new power Ichigo experiences a loss of reiatsu because he can't recognize the new form his reiatsu has taken and so he can't use it for the time being.
Spoiler:
When you say flashback, do you mean like a TBtP II, or a mini-flashback to show us, say, the guy's past? Which just gave me an idea- Kubo could maybe throw in a TBtP II arc if it somehow relates to the guy.

WOO THEORY TIME!
If I'm not mistaken, Mugetsu isn't what caused Ichigo to actually lose his powers. He would've lost them anyway, it was just a powerful attack that probably spread up his time limit (before his powers ACTUALLY started going away).
And I don't think your reason makes perfect sense either. Because of his new form, his reiatsu is not recognisable by his body, and so he can't use it?
I like comparing reiatsu and reiryoku to a light bulb and a battery, respectively. The light from the battery (and therefore the reiatsu) is always visible, even if the amount of light can be increased/decreased. If the lightbulb were to change into a buzzer, let's say, you could still hear the noise that is made (the reiatsu would still be there) even if it is of a different type.
Unless I'm cpmpletely misunderstanding?