Thread: Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010 (05:35 PM).

Dear God this hack is amazing. Cutlerine you have taken hacking to the next level in producing something I thought I'd never see in a pokemon hack, that I always craved- a new experience. There were, of course, many other hacks that attempted originality and failed, or started well and collapsed. But you, sir, have created an original, hilarious, deep, entertaining, slightly challenging- in short- amazing - hack. Tremendously well done, and you've put forth a game (I shudder to call it a hack) that feels complete.

You've shied away from the pokemon standards- ignored them even, in making this game. The dialogue and storyline were insanely awesome, as are the puzzles and the hilarious references. I don't want to ramble, but I really am enjoying this.

It seems a bit of a shame that its escaped notice so far- but if its 80% complete can you request that it be placed in the hack showcase rather than progressing hacks? There are hacks in the showcase that are much less complete (and of less quality) there.

I really think this matches or is superior to many of the hacks of the month as well as some of the hacks of the year- I hope your work is recognized by the top dogs sooner or later.

Keep it up man.

EDIT:
I also love the constant updates. However, my question is, how can I patch the IPS to ROM without losing my progress? Do I repatch the rom with the new one? Do I repatch a brand new rom and use the old save state? Or is there not away to do so...