View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2010 (04:15 AM).
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
I just wonder to myself who would ever think that "00" was free space on the ROM (did LU-OH think that)? Because... I always knew... "FF" meant that it was free space... in other words... it's just a white area. lol

Example:
00 - blank (the null of the ROM data... as in it's just... black)

FF - nothing (whiteness)

Oh and by the way... thank you so much for the tutorial, I'm sure this will help me with my hacks... if I ever make a ROM Hack of Pokémon Emerald. :)

Because I will be creating a hack a pretty soon... once I get my new laptop back next week. It will be called "Pokémon: Dimentions of Time", which will indeed be a hack of Pokémon Emerald. I hope to learn more about hex editing... and of course... ASM editing sooner or later.
Lu-ho made a simple mistake. R/S have free space from 0x6B0000 (or rather 00s. At least I think so) he just guessed Emerald was the same without actully checking it. Causing overwriting of the instruments. I'm not saying that 00 is free space, but i'm saying i think from my offset its like filler data. I did relevant tests to check if the game actully uses it (filled the whole lot with random data) and it had no effect on gameplay or music.