View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:57 AM
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
So I'm guessing that pretty much means that Kanto will look like a post apocalyptic wasteland like it was in G/S/C, and that there will be pathetically low levels because you're not going to fix the problem where you could challenge Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce in almost any order you want. And is Johto going to be filled with Kanto Pokemon again, and are most Johto Pokemon going to be practically mythological just like in G/S/C/HG/SS? And will Route 23 actually exist?

You do realize that the reason why Kanto was so tiny in G/S/C and removed so many things (such as Viridian Forest), was due to the game's 2mb limit? Judging by the PokeNav map, you're going to leave Kanto in it's ruined G/S/C state. Why are you going to do that, when the problem that caused that in G/S/C doesn't affect you, since you have a lot more space?

EDIT: Then again, not everybody views those as problems, since you said you like your G/S/C vanilla. But this is just my opinion, but I think G/S/C/HG/SS are flawed games.
I get what you're saying. But as you said in the last paragraph, I do like my GSC vanilla. It represents what happened to Kanto in the three years between RBY and GSC.
What I could do, however, is something, maybe, with Viridian Forest (maybe) because, I agree, that was just BAD. But other things will stay the same as in GSC.

And "post-apocalyptic wasteland"? I think that's a bit too harsh, don't you think? After all, the only really badly affected things were Viridian Forest and Mt. Moon, from what I can remember.

My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles