View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2010 (9:58 PM). Edited December 4th, 2010 by Kirbychu.
Nature: Naive
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I was re-watching all anime from the beginning and I noticed in Episode 12 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad Ash had a Gun(s) pulled on him, as he also did Episode 35 Legend of Dratini. Only difference is Episode 35 was banned in America and Episode 12 was not. All they did in 12 was change up the dialogue to make it seem less serious, they didn't even edit out the guns or the scene which they very well could have in both. But the choose to ban one and keep the other that doesn't make too much sense to me. Also my second question is even if they are banned in regular broadcasting does that mean they are excluded from the DV's?
Legend of Dratini had guns everywhere, and it was banned for other material as well. Team Rocket held a man hostage in this episode and had a gun pointed right next to his head, and Meowth had a Hitler-esque mustache. This scene here should show you why the episode was never aired in the US. There's one swear word in there, but I don't believe that's actually what James was saying.

And yes, the banned episodes are not featured in DVDs.