View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2010 (09:56 PM).
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
I have a quick question. If our name has more than 6 letters, are we still allowed to use only like 3 Pokemon?

Yes, as long as the letters of the names are consecutive. For example, I could only do letters 'I', 'N', and 'F' if I wanted to do so.

Also, how do ultimate challenges function in this? Do we have to use the same Pokemon from Red/Blue to the end? Or is it "beat all the games"?

You do not have to use the same pokemon. You should, however, probably use the same set of beginning letters for your team, unless there is a special case. (Ex: having an X in your name and not being able to get Xatu in a game, etc.) Basically, just beat all the games you can.
Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
Yeah, I was also thinking that the Pokemon should be able to change from game to game.

Answered in above quote.

I also think that you should be able to do whatever number you want, just set a minimum of 3 or 4 or something.

Pretty sure I answered this in the above as well.

I also put out the option of maybe doing 6 consecutive letters or even just six letters from your name, but I'll understand if this one isn't something you want to do. I was thinking that I would like to use the other 2 letters in my name for some variety in my ultimate challenge.

I, originally, was thinking about this as well. However, I'm under the impression that people could easily just pick the best letters/consecutive letter order , and therefore have a wider/better selection of Pokemon to choose from. This would likely make this challenge not quite seem hard enough to be considered a challenge, if you see what I'm getting at.

Just my two cents.
All questions answered above. I apologize if I did not make anything clear enough in the first post. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate any comments/questions/ideas that can be used to better the challenge. c:
If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"