Thread: [Tutorial] PEDRO12's Everything Tutorial
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
Great tut, but I had trouble with the tile inserting with new colors part. Every time I tried inserting the palette into A-map the colors always came out dark and icky, not what I wanted. Perhaps you should go into more detail on inserting the palette.
sorry about that....that's kinda a bug in advance map......try downloading the newest version 1.92 from the toolbox forum...if that doesn't work...try other veresions......and if that doesn't work...the probs with u'r palette....its either more than 16 colors.....or less and the palette has filled in the empty places in it....... to make the number of colors 16...... with dark and icky colors...try using exactly 16 colors...use different shades and that should work...anyways...i get that prob a lot in tile inserting thats why i stopped inserting....it gets complicated after a while...i suggest u ask Anbuja's_BlooDY about that...he's an expert...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Thanks for this, I find it hard finding good tutorials on these things. Especially if you're making an actual game and not a hack.

I was going to try making a game from scratch....but I think I might attempt practising hacking first. Definitely need to take baby steps...or else I'll get overwhelmed quickly. :/

This is going to be like my bible for the next while. :p

Is there a quick keyboard combo for undo in Advance Map? I tried Ctrl + Z but it sends me to the event details instead....

edit: Also...do you have any tips for editing tiles? I want to put some houses on a rocky background but I can only find ones with grass....is there a way to take out just one file and edit it in advance map? I tried editing them in paint....but it's hard to get the dimensions right and I'm not sure if it's even the right way to do it....

edit: Oh, think I found the block editor...

I don't get how I'm supposed to edit scripts in advance map...it keeps telling me the script editor is not found....
no undo in advance map...or at least not one i know of...
just fix what you did...it shouldn't be that hard......but try this....if u've chosen the "Backup my rom" option....go to the folder where the rom is...there should be a file with extension .bak ......change the extension to .gba and open it in advance map...and all changes u saved from lst time will be reversed.......

for the script editor editor prob......choose the second menu from the menu bar....i forgot its name......at the bottom it says "choose script editor"...hit that and browse for u're scripting porgram....most likeley XSE...and u'r done...anyways...i'd recommend u just use FSF to get new offsets and just make new scripts from scratch...its easier trust me........

u're other prob is easy.... in the block editor...choose any tile from the house on grass......a rectangle should appear with the house's block on one side...and grass on the other....hold control and right mouse button and scroll over the house tile in that rect.....then choose a black tile from the bottom of the tileset and click exactly where the block was in the rect. and hit save....on the tileset....the block should appear...do this over and over again the entire house appears on the tileset with black background.....now hit the tile of the cave floor......hold cntrl and right mouse button and scroll over the tile in the rectangle.......now choose eacj tile from the house with no background sperately...and next to the house's block in the rectangle...fill that with the cave floor...so now the rect. has the bloack of the house on the right...and cave floor on the left...and hit save and do this for every tile on the house....there u go....oh and if u don't have black tiles at the bottom of the tileset...in the enu bar....look for soemthing that means expand tileset in a way...and increase the number of tiles and hit ok...and there should be black tiules now....i'm an idiot at explaining anything to have to do with tiles....so this is the least complicated way i can do it....bu i promise next time i login...i'll send u a link to a video where i do all this and it should be easier......