View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2011 (3:34 PM).
Sitting by the back window
Nature: Bold
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Might as well get my entry done as well :P

Map Name: Novus Town
Map Game: Fire Red
Credits: Alucus, Alistair, Kyledove, PrinceLegendario, Trifindo, Light-PA, Kizemaru-Kurunosuke and Lu-Ho (Advance Map)
Comments: This was made for the New Years mapping contest and features a small town getting ready to celebrate. There is a party section in the north, while a dock can be found in the south which will take people on a midnight cruise or something like that.

Sorry for the .jpg file ;___;
What I don't understand is how this didn't come first in the map-off. o_o Looking at the scores, it just seems the map has a little something missing, but I just can't tell what it is ._.

The shape of the map is nice, and there's nothing wrong with the playability or theme of it in general, but... The land shape feels a bit...narrow. The town is a bit small and feels like just a rectangle of path. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels a bit weird to me. Thing is, you can't really change it without completely remaking the town. Just a point, I guess.

Now for my map-off entry. :D

Map Name: N/A
Map Game: Fire Red
Credits: Thrace, Neti, Fangking Omega

Don't really think too much about the difficulty level of the ice puzzle, because it's not meant to be difficult haha. The caves connect to each other with an ice puzzle and a few items in between, I suppose.
Brony represent.