View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2011 (11:59 AM).
The Local Trickster
Nature: Bold
I'm sorry, but I'm really confused now... What exactly did you want to do with this fiction? If i'm reading all of your posts correctly, you want to make a fanfiction with no Pokémon, but stealing the storyline and simply altering it? Can you clarify that for me?

For something that is only supposed to get you back into the groove of writing, you're throwing a lot of problems in for yourself. If you want to write it as you've said, go for it, but I don't recommend posting it here. I just don't see the point since you're ripping out the backbone of this franchise and only slightly altering the story. I can't see anyone reading it because not only are you removing what made this fandom (the Pokémon), but keeping the story mostly the same, ergo we pretty much know how it ends.

You're better off ditching this idea, if this is essentially what you're doing. If you don't want to put a whole lot of effort into a story, I'd recommend simply brainstorming for about five minutes and writing a short story about Pokémon.

Bottom line I suppose is, if this isn't something you want to put a whole lot of effort in, keep it to yourself in a word document. Then when you feel up to it you can work on whatever it is you really want to work on. I just don't understand the point of posting a story where you didn't put your whole effort into creating it.

I don't mean to come off as cold, I'm just slightly baffled. XD

<credit for avatar~>