View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2011 (04:35 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Best game is RB fo sho. Sydian doesn't know what he's talking about at all. I know if I look at the challenge and say "would I rather do a _______ monotype on Blue or Ruby?" it will always be Blue. Sure you don't have access to as many Pokemon, but you don't need access to as many Pokemon. Plus the insane speeds it can run at.
I never said it was the worst to use, and I do know what I'm talking about here. I used to do monotypes on RBY and RSE all the time. But for challenges where more options are needed, I would prefer not to use RBY, that's what I was saying. But I personally like to have the biggest variety of Pokemon available to me, but usually only applying to things like random challenges and the favorite challenge. But those games, for me, are the games I can breeze right through without being too distracted with grinding, since it's pretty simple and I usually capture Pokemon that aren't relatively close to each other.

Quote:
I don't like FRLG at all. IMO they are much harder than RB even with access to more attacks and more Pokemon. Plus you have to do extra storyline, can't run it as fast, etc. If I am ever given "beat a challenge in Kanto" it will always be R/B, not YFRLG, and if I am ever given "beat a challenge in Johto" it will always be GSC, not HGSS. The only reason I am doing a HGSS challenge right now is that I'm not contempt with the Water UMC title, and am beating the rest of the games as well.
Oh God, don't get me started on FRLG. I couldn't complete a challenge on those games if my cat was dying. Just...horrible. Horrible games with horrible music. I can't even play through those games normally anymore.

My order is something like...

HGSS > RSE > RBY > GSC > DPPt > FRLG

Excluding BW since I've only beaten White once, of course. However, I'm thinking it won't rank too high because...I'm honestly not itching to beat it again. So I think it might fall behind RBY. Also, I've never done a challenge on GSC, so that show shows how bad I dislike DPPt and FRLG for...anything.

Also, I have had this big itch to play Gold or Crystal lately. But idk if I wanna do a challenge (since I tend to get neglectful) or just a normal playthrough. To be honest, I will probably forget about it no matter what I choose to do. @_@

paired to klippy