• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Blue hack: Pokemon Wood

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
UPDATE:
It's a video of another script. I think I'm slowly improving, this script is a little bit more articulated than the other one.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'm not lying when I say this but that's one of the most awesome scripts ever done with a first generation pokemon game !

Too bad no one else understands how much effort it took to make it :\
Scripting in 1st and 2nd gen isn't really even close.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I'm not lying when I say this but that's one of the most awesome scripts ever done with a first generation pokemon game !
Thanks mate, it's really appreciated.

Too bad no one else understands how much effort it took to make it :\
Meh, we have to deal with it. Luckily we can vaunt that we have fun just by Hacking.
You know, I think it can be pretty boring spending the time pressing buttons on A-Map.. ;)

Scripting in 1st and 2nd gen isn't really even close.
Well, 1st gen requires ASM, ok. But even though there isn't an actual scripting engine like following generations', there are a lot of specific functions. Until now I found functions for: give pokemon, give item, check item, play fanfare, apply movement, play music (maybe?), stop music, face player, hide/show objects, display Dex, and basic triggers.

So, yeah, it takes time, but I have a lot of fun so, that's what matters.:cool:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Well, 1st gen requires ASM, ok. But even though there isn't an actual scripting engine like following generations', there are a lot of specific functions. Until now I found functions for: give pokemon, give item, check item, play fanfare, apply movement, play music (maybe?), stop music, face player, hide/show objects, display Dex, and basic triggers.

So, yeah, it takes time, but I have a lot of fun so, that's what matters.:cool:
Yeah, the enjoyment of it keeps me hacking too :D
In the last few months, I've been learning something new nearly every day !

Awesome :)
I can see it already: "Sawakita's Scripting Compendium, 2010 - 2011" ;)
(in G/S one: "2004-2005, Tauwasser")

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
wow very very impressive D= expecially it's a level script for first gen (believe me, I feel the pain trying to actually hack 2nd gen) that was the best thing I saw, and I played brown and wisteria, geat job and keep the great work up ;)

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Yeah, the enjoyment of it keeps me hacking too :D
In the last few months, I've been learning something new nearly every day !

Awesome :)
I can see it already: "Sawakita's Scripting Compendium, 2010 - 2011" ;)
(in G/S one: "2004-2005, Tauwasser")
It's funny, I actually have a .txt file on the Hard Disk saved with an almost identical name. It's still rather incomplete and cryptic, so it's going to stay there, for the moment.

@tehGDS, Nintendork15: thanks.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Not sure if its possible
but
are you going to hack the intro
with gengar and nidoran fighting (:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Not sure if its possible
but
are you going to hack the intro
with gengar and jigglypuff (since it's blue:P) fighting (:

I'm definitely going to edit it. In fact the animation won't be about a pokemon battle at all (if I don't change idea once again before modifying it).

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
Years
This hack is very impressive looking. It gives off the feeling of nostalgia mixed with the excitment of todays games. I was a huge fun of the Brown/Prism series and i look forward and am prepared to expect great things from you in the future. Great job again.

shihan42

Sciduck
Years
You just don't see enough hacks of blue/red anymore, let alone good ones. I am really looking forward to see how yours turns out.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
This hack is very impressive looking. It gives off the feeling of nostalgia mixed with the excitment of todays games. I was a huge fun of the Brown/Prism series and i look forward and am prepared to expect great things from you in the future. Great job again.
You just don't see enough hacks of blue/red anymore, let alone good ones. I am really looking forward to see how yours turns out.
Thanks.

At the moment I'm working on implementing RTC:
80759343.png

The screenshot doesn't tell too much, anyway I've already made the main engine (data storing and calculating); still need to fix some calculation error ("NITE 12" should be "NITE 0", and there's something else wrong, you don't see here), and put a "what time is it now?" at the beginning of the game.

Using SGB you'll have different outside palettes for day/night. Not to mention the time-determined events that will be possible with RTC.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ah, well, just goes to show how much Wisteria sucked :)

Wisteria didnt suck it was a good game actually :3
i liked it

anyway on topic ;D

The RTC system looks good :3
first time i seen a r/b/y with a RTC feature

EDIT: when you say there's something else wrong?
is it that there's a sign in a wall

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
when you say there's something else wrong?
is it that there's a sign in a wall

Haha, no, that sign is meant to be like that; actually I was talking about RTC troubles, but they shouldn't be too hard to fix (just need to find some free time to do it...)

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Maybe I missed it, but ... I can't find the download for Pokemon Wood. Could someone point it out for me please? Sorry. >_>

There's no public release yet. I'll edit first post since this wasn't specified there.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
not gonna lie, but i think this will exceed pokemon brown. i've seen you on skeetendo and simply love the devamps you did. the screenshots look brilliant and those scripts as well look fantastic. I know tihs is probably the most annoying question, but do you know when you'll release a first beta?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
not gonna lie, but i think this will exceed pokemon brown. i've seen you on skeetendo and simply love the devamps you did. the screenshots look brilliant and those scripts as well look fantastic. I know this is probably the most annoying question, but do you know when you'll release a first beta?
I really have no idea about when I'll reach a release date, sorry.

Anyway..
Finally RTC is done! It was hard and took some time, but now it's completed. Large parts of code have been taken from Gold; the Intro's "time-setting" was inspired by GSC too, as you can see in this video:

It will allow different palettes between day/night, also on GB mode (greenscale):

.........MORN/DAY......................NIGHT...........
bgb00008.png
bgb00007.png

----
bgb00004.png

(SGB mode, colors aren't definitives)

Back