Thread: [Demo] Pokémon Nightmare
View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:11 PM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty524 View Post
This looks pretty nice. That physic pokemon kind of seems like it dreams of being psychic/electric.

I really like the amount of detail you put in to your mapping, on the other hand, I'm kind of bothered by the fact that a battle sequence takes place on some floating space with a mountain in the background. It just looks weird. you could try editing the original image to give it some sort of ground, so that it doesn't look like they are using floating battle platforms made out of grass.

Your fakemon concepts kind of look a little too gritty for the pokemon style, but eh, that's just a minor nitpick. Your title screen also kind of brings your project at a disservice. It looks so plain, and the outline looks jagged and pixelly. Why don't you stylize the Pokemon logo, too? It would fit in with the rest of your text and it will look pretty cool imo.
Maybe he will become a Psychic Electric one level day :3

Before anything, thanks for the cc you just gave here, and thanks for the commendation. I'm glad the mapping looks good xD

Now then, we're fortunately making a big change in the battle system, as you've probably seen from the most recent screenshots and previews. So not to worry; that will be fixed.

About the Fakemon, well, we wanted to focus more on the nightmare field rather than anything else, so we opted to use these. As for the title screen... sorry. My art skills are waaaaaaay below average xD

So, thanks a lot! =D