View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2011 (05:43 PM). Edited February 16th, 2011 by fenyx4.
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!
Team Unova

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Silver25:
They are not canon to the tv show (with the exception of Pokrmon 2000). They are also not related besides the main characters, but the first 3 movies in the Sinnoh saga of movies were related (The Rise of Darkrai, Giratina & The Sky Warrior, and Arceus and the Jewel of Life).
Gwah? To invalidate Mewtwo Strikes Back just like that? I'm personally of the opinion that all movies are canon, but if it were restricted to one, Mewtwo Strikes Back is way more canon than The Power of One, as awesome a movie as it is.

Quote originally posted by Hiiro:
The anime never really specified on a Pokémon's place number in the PokéDex did it?

I don't really see the anime explaining why Victini is listed as #000, but they'll probably explain why it has a connection with both Zekrom and Reshiram. Personally, I think Victini's placement on the PokéDex was just an idea stirred up by GameFreak to have the fans guessing, seeing as it's never been done before. They wanted to change up a few things this generation, and so they did.
Ugh...that's one of the changes of Generation 5 I dislike. Putting it right at the beginning like that implies that it was the first Unova Pokemon discovered, and yet it is still a "Legendary/Mythical" Pokemon just like the ones near the end of the Unova PokeDex. And if any Pokemon is getting #000, I'd prefer that it be this guy:

I'm just thankful that Victini's National PokeDex number isn't #000 - that would be even worse.

LOL...so now the writers are pulling One Movie For The Price Of Two... :cer_laugh:

Quote originally posted by Kenshin5:
I don't know why they couldn't incorporate both of the legends into the movie. I hope the story lines are different and they just didn't make a separate movies with the same story line and a different legendary.
The idea of two movies is interesting, but the fact that they share the same plot is a major downer. Two radically different plots would have been great; otherwise I'd rather the writers just combine both of the main Tao Dragons into one movie. Two versions of the "same" game is one thing, but two movies might be even worse. I'm reminded of the Power Rangers SPD episode Perspective, which essentially repeated the same footage five times in the span of 20 minutes. Watching movies takes quite a while, so I really hope the differentiation is worth it.

Finally, I'm a bit annoyed that they waited until now to unveil the idea of two counterpart BW movies. I'll excuse it if the writers were undecided on the route they were taking with the story back when Victini and the Black Hero: Zekrom, but if they've had the idea since then, I feel that it's blatant favoritism toward Zekrom, who somewhat has a headstart of sorts. I don't see the point in delaying the announcement of Reshiram's movie; just announce them both simultaneously.

On the other hand, I'm glad Reshiram is actually getting a movie! :D Now it's not so one-sided as I previously thought - Reshiram just needs a TV episode appearance, and the number of appearances of Reshiram and Zekrom will be "equal".

Oh, and I love what the developers did with the 14th movie website! I was in a computer lab at a Mac earlier, and I went to the site not knowing that Reshiram and Zekrom would announce their presence. Cue the Black and White Pokemon's roars resonating throughout the room. :cer_laugh: I felt it was pretty cool, though, and I hope the American website does the same thing.