View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

UPDATE ONE: DELIVERY SERVICE
2/20/11

Welcome to Update One!

Alright! It's time for the first update. It took a little longer then I would have liked to get this out there, but I guess a week isn't that bad. I cut down on the dialogue shown in the screenshots, but you should get the gist of it.

Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpman View Post
This seems to be coming along very smoothly. It's nice to see well-done, GSC styled games in the Game Dev section,
it really does spice it up for the better. The Update Meter is genius, really. Giving a time frame on progress really help
quell impatient supporters. "Cherrim's" tiles look great as well, I've seen his work and he's an amazing pixel artist, I never considered him one to
attempt the GSC style, however, but he rocked it. Anyhow, good luck with the game, as it looks impressive.
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifors View Post
the screens are nice and the story could have a little bit more info though.
Thanks. Yeah, I purposefully left the story vague enough. Personally reading a synopsis of the full story would take out a huge chunk of fun of playing a game for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Typholsion View Post
would you like me to make you a fanbar?

click on the Blissey in my sig to sign up for a fanbar :D

BTW: love the game, can't wait to play it
You're welcome to make one, but I'm not going to request anything. It's not really my style haha.

Koru found a Cartographer

I really should have shown this when I posted the thread, but here you go. Have a region map!

Overall, it's a decently sized region. There's a good amount of dungeons, which some of them will be optional and what not.

You start here, in the red circle. That's Cyan Town.

Renovation

So this is likely the biggest reason why it took me a week to update: Me and Cherrim went through the tiles and maps, and sort of just changed a bunch of stuff. There's completely new maps, and buildings for each town should look different from one another. Brun City has also been changed to Brun Town. Let me know what you think. I've updated the screenshots on the first post as well.

Onwards! Deliver the package!

I think it's about time we got that package and delivered it, huh?

As you can see, this is the Bag screen. It has the same pockets as the fourth generation games. (Medicine, items and what not.)
One trip to Basswood's lab later...

Mission accomplished!

Who could that be?

NEW CHARACTER UNLOCKED

Sarah

Hometown: ???

A rookie trainer and niece to the recognized Professor Basswood, Sarah is a very competitive trainer, making a quite fierce rival. Sarah will appear often in the game to test the player's skill, and maybe help them out a bit. She can be a bit of a klutz, but her heart is in the right place.

Neat.

And a kind gesture to boot.

And there you have it!
Next update: The path to Turquoise Bay!

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!

Last edited by Rezah; May 21st, 2011 at 09:21 PM.