View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2011 (11:41 AM).
Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Starrcasm
Wow, this is probably one of the more productive posts I've seen in the drawing board for a while, now xD

That being said, since it's still on the drawing board, there is always room to improve. So I hope you dont mind, I'm going to break down your first post and I'm going to give you some advice to help make this game awesome.

I think its important to note that before you start reading this, I REALLY like this game idea. Thus far. So if I come off as being...rude or anything, just know that I really like the game idea. So overall feeling on this is positive :D

I guess I'll start at the beginning. The title sucks. BUT you said you were going to make a new one, so that's that

Next, and I'm not sure where I've heard this, but I believe they have come up with timeframes for the first 4 generations. Though I have nothing to cite to back me up, what I've been told is that R/B/Y happened, then G/S/C happened 3 years later [which makes sense with the whole Giovanni thing] and then I've been told that R/S/E takes place at the same time that R/B/Y does, and D/P/Pt 3 years later. Again, nothing to cite backing me up, so you're still free to choose your own plot advancement, i suppose.

by the way, RPG Maker XP is definitely the way to go.

I like the costume change you made to Sapphire, it's very...stylish. ahaha im not sure if that's the right word, but I like it. Can't wait to see Ruby's new clothes.

AH and now onto your story bit. Ok, so it seems as though you want to change the outlook of making Viridian City a huge city. Why viridian? There's like nothing there xD. I'd understand Vermillion, because its a port city, and port cities are usually VERY populous [New York, Shanghai, Philadelphia...there are others xD] but i feel like Viridian has no reason to suddenly get HUGE. Then again this also depends on how far in the future you're planning this. If its 3 years then Kanto would look like it did in GSC/HGSS. Something tells me you want it to be different though.

I suppose that all depends on when you decide to set the game. Setting is key.

Now, what I'm not seeing is a PLOT. I mean, you have a background, and it's very...creative, but I don't see a plot. Is there an evil team? Is team rocket back? I have no idea. Maybe team Snagem or Cipher from Orre depending on what you have in store for the shadow pokemon? At this point I have no idea

Next point. Everyone knows fakemon are key to a successful game.

Just kidding ahahaha. Im looking forward to the two new species you'll be unveiling.

Ummm....I mean there's not much else I have to say. I'll definitely keep an eye on this, and hopefully it'll turn into something good. Good luck, sir :D

Game Director of