• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
I am going to sign up with a Fearow on Pokemon Yellow. May do the ultimate later but for now I am going old school and attempting to do what I first tried to do during my first time playing Pokemon.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Update #2 on Emerald.

- Went through Fallarbor Town to Meteor Falls, then went through Rustboro Tunnel. Taught Strength to Grovyle.
- Went up Mt. Chimney and beat Maxie and got the Meteorite.
- Went back to Fallarbor and traded the Meteorite for TM27, Return. Taught it to Palin.
- Made my way back to Mt. Chiney and hopped down to Lavaridge Town, where I beat Flannery and got the Go-Go Goggles.
- Explored the desert a bit, then caught a lift back to Petalburg City.
- Beat Norman and got Surf, which I taught to Zigzagoon.
- Surfed to Slateport City, then made my way to Mauville.
- Did the New Mauville quest and got Thunderbolt, which I taught to Palin in place of Shock Wave.
- Surfed east to get on the route to Fortree City.
- Beat the Weather Institute, and beat May. Taught Fly to a Wingull I caught.
- Got the Devon Scope past Fortree, then beat Winona.
- Went down to Lilycove City and beat May.
- Went to Mt. Pyre, catching a Tentacool on the way.
- Climbed up and down and up Mt. Pyre, getting the Magma Emblem.
- Flew to Lavaridge and found the Hideout halfway up the Jagged Pass.
- Found Groudon and beat Maxie again. Groudon flew off.
- Flew to Slateport, where Team Aqua stole a sub.
- Beat the Aqua Hideout outside Lilycove, then surfed to Mossdeep City.
- Beat Tate and Liza, then beat Maxie in the Space Center with Steven's help.
- Got Dive and taught it to Tentacool. Boxed Zigzagoon.
- Dove after the sub into the Seafloor Cavern, where I beat Archie. Kyogre flew off this time.
- Came out, then surfed to Pacifidlog Town. Then surfed to Sootopolis City.
- Talked to Wallace then I helped Rayquaza calm Kyogre and Groudon down.
- After the cutscene, I beat Juan easily with Thunderbolt/Return.
- Saved at Mossdeep City.

Screens:
Spoiler:

On my way to Ever Grande City for Victory Road and the Pokemon League.

Team Gerry:
Spr_3e_203.gif

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♂ - L75 @ Magnet
Ability: Early Bird
Moves: Return, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Psybeam

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_253.gif
Grovyle - L33 (Cut, Flash, Rock Smash)

Spr_3e_072.gif
Tentacool - L22 (Surf, Dive, Waterfall)

Spr_3e_278.gif
Wingull - L25 (Fly)

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
I haven't updated in a while. =/ Anyway, Blaziken and I have finally defeated the Elite Four. Our worst struggle was with Wallce. His Milotic used Toxic and kept using recover, and his Gyrados used several Dragon Dances that increased the power of his Earthquake, so I just had to keep reviving and using Full Restores until Earthquake was out of PP before taking him down. Now, I'm going to figure out where Steven is...I have yet to defeat him, afterall.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Update #3 on Emerald.

- Surfed to Ever Grande City, then made my way through Victory Road. Taught Palin Psychic in there.
- Then I beat the Elite Four and Wallace! Lots of OHKOs.
- Saved the game on the S.S. Tidal after I teleported back home.

Screens:
Spoiler:

I am on the way to the Battle Frontier, and I will eventually fight Steven in Meteor Falls.

Team Gerry:
Spr_3e_203.gif

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♂ - L81 @ Magnet
Moves: Return, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Psychic

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_253.gif

Grovyle - L34 (Cut, Flash, Rock Smash, Strength)
Spr_3e_072.gif

Spr_3e_278.gif

Wingull - L25 (Fly)

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
Years
Haven't played Pokemon in a long while, but this ought to be fun.

Name: Rock
Game: Emerald
Pokemon: Poochyena

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Final Update (#4) on Emerald.

- So I beat the trainers on the SS Tidal, then I flew to Pacifidlog Town and battled all the trainers along the sea currents. I had totally forgotten they were there lol.
- While surfing along, Latias came up! I captured it with the Master Ball.

ultsolo2latias.png

- After defeating all the trainers I could find, I went to Meteor Falls. Defeated a couple trainers in there as well, and Palin was at L85.
- Also taught Palin Earthquake, replacing Crunch, and gave him the Soft Sand I had been lugging around since Slateport lol.
- Found Steven!

Spoiler:

Final Stats:
ultsolo2emeraldstats.png

Well, I have to say that Emerald ended up being a lot of fun. Gonna play on Diamond or Platinum for Sinnoh.

Team Gerry (Final):
Spr_3e_203.gif

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♂ - L86 @ Soft Sand
Moves: Return, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Psychic

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_253.gif

Grovyle - L35 (Cut, Flash, Rock Smash, Strength)
Spr_3e_072.gif

Spr_3e_278.gif

Wingull - L25 (Fly)

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
Years
ok im interested i'll use a dratini on soulsilver. starting now ( im gonna trade in as soon as i can at LV 5)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Started on Platinum.

Name: Gerry
Rival: Gack
Starter: Turtwig

- After I got pokeballs, I hacked in Girafarig on Rt 202.
- Beat Gack, then Roark (easily).
- Went to Florama, and Mars' Purugly was hard cause of Faint Attack. Finally won with the help of an Oran Berry.
- Got through Eterna Forest, and destroyed Gardenia with Psybeam.

Screens:
Spoiler:

I'm in the Eterna Galactic Building now.

Team Gerry:
Spr_4p_203_m.png

Palin the Girafarig, ♂ - L30 @ Soothe Bell
Moves: Psybeam, Stomp, Return, Assurance

HM Slaves:
Spr_4p_387.png

Turtwig - L6 (Rock Smash, Flash, Cut)

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
Years
Spoiler:
UPDATE

I started my journey named k137an
chose a totodile as my starter, i left my house and began to travel towards cherrygrove town on the way totodile got to level 6 and when i arrived at mr.pokemons house with my new running shoes totodile was level 7, professor oak gave me a pokedex and mr.pokemon gave me the pokemon egg and i left the house. as i came out the door i got a phone call from prof elm, he told me that a chikorita had been stolen from the lab, which i dont understand because he stands right at the back of the lab facing the door so how did my rival get past him???

any way i left the route with mr pokemons house on it and arrived back in cherrygrove, i used the pokemon centre and left cherrygrove, well i tried but a boy with red haired boy ran up to me told me that the pokemon was wasted on me which technically is true because i was going to trade him for a dratini as soon as i finished the really long opening to this game. i defeated the red haired trainer and he told me i was a waste of space again and then he ran but i stole his trainer card ( am i some kind of ninja) unfortunately he noticed and took it back.

when i arrived back in new bark town i spoke to professor elm and the police officer thought i was the thief! convieniently timed as always lyra ran in and told the officer about a red haired boy looking into the building, i said i battled a boy like that and i knew his name (not mentioning that i stole his trainer card) and for some reason i called my rival :0
Spoiler:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Alright, Hoenn time.

Spoiler:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
OK! I made quite a bit of distance since my last update, and I'm all the way to Sekka City or whatever it's called now. Here's how it went down (spoilers for those who don't wanna know)

Spoiler:

And that brings us to where I am now. Another update coming soon!

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Hooray, I beat Steven. /late I wandered around Meteor Falls for a bit until I finally found him. Ugh, I hate that most of his Pokemon know Earthquake; it was really getting annoying. But, I somehow managed to beat him with a bunch of revives and the sheer force of my awesome Blaziken. (:
257.png

BLAZIKEN
Level 76
Sassy Natured
239/223/134/191/157/152
Slash, Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, Flamethrower

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
Hello Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread, this is heLLkitsune with his first post in this thread. I'm doing the Ultimate Solo Challenge with my all time favorite pokemon, all hail the great
Spoiler:

yeah that's right, I started the challenge with the awesome bee and I have decided that I'm going to play the games in this order: Leaf Green , Soul Silver/Heart Gold , Emerald , Platinum and I'm not sure if I can beat the 5th gen because I don't own a copy of Black nor White.

Although I beat Leaf Green already, I'm not going to post the whole journey right away.

Stay tunned..

Enigma

Years
Alright, I'll try to put more effort into this update. xP

Spoiler:

Spr_3r_087.png

Arctic (Dewgong) Lv. 38
Naive
Icy Wind, Rest, Headbutt, Aurora Beam

Last edited:

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
heLLkitsune, KANTO, 1st entry:

- erased the old save file which contained a NFE run (had 3 pokemon on 42 level and 3 pokemon on 24 level before the 4th gym, I was overtraining them a bit) and started a new game
- told Prof. Oak that I'm a boy.. wait a second *checks himself in the mirror*.. Yes, I'm a boy
- called my fictional character heLL15
- and my journey began
- prof. Oak stopped me from going into the tall grass and called me to his lab
- he let me choose a Pokemon from the 3 pokeballs he had on the table
- I wanted to take Squirtle because Blastoise is awesome, but then I remembered my goal: "To be the greatest Beedrill trainer in the world"
- so for making my journey more of a challange I chose Bulbasaur as my starter
- Gary (my rival) chose quite the opposite, he took Charmander a fire type, who evolves into Charizard, a Fire/Flying type Pokemon who has 2 STABs super effective against Beedrill
- we had a battle with our new Pokemon, and sadly for me, Bulbasaur died from a critical hit (first death)
- went to Viridian City and got into the shop, ran the errand for prof. Oak and got myself a pokedex and 5 Pokeballs
- went into Viridian Forest to catch my Powerhouse
- I caught the first Weedle that came across, named it Anger and it turned out to be a hell of a Weedle (yay for Adamant nature)
- began Anger's training, first with babysitting with my Bulbasaur, then training Anger on it's own
- soon enough, Anger evolved into a Kakuna and eventually into Beedrill
- went west from Viridian and had a little battle with Gary and of course I won
- got to Pewter city and challenged the 1st Gym leader Brock
- beat him with a tactic that I was using with Butterfree in an another game, the tactic was like this: Harden six times when the Geodude hardens too, and then poison it with Poison powder, although Anger didn't have Poison powder, it took me some PP of Poison Sting to poison him and kill him, and then poison Onix and potion stall it until it dies
- got my first badge and got running shoes
- made my way through Mt. Moon beating every wild pokemon that appeared and every trainer that I came across
- after some time, I got out of Mt. Moon and got to Cerulean City
- beat Misty easily because Anger was in the mid 20 levels and it knew Twineedle
- met Gary at the begining of the Nugget Bridge and Anger died for the first time, because it missed three times with Fury Attack and Pidgeotto didn't have a hard time killing it with Gust
- I healed up at the Pokecentre and was going to get revenge
- and soon enough I tasted the sweet taste of revenge
- went to Bill and helped him turn back into a human (cmon man, what were you thinking?? )

my team at this state of the game (I don't remember the exact level of my Beedrill and I didn't write it down, how rude of me):

pkfrlg015.png

Anger the Beedrill, @ -
Level 25-30
View attachment 59162/View attachment 59164
Ability: Swarm
Moves:

- View attachment 59162 Twineedle
- View attachment 59164 Poison Sting
- View attachment 59163 Fury Attack
- View attachment 59163 Focus Energy

HM slaves:

pkfrlg001.png

- View attachment 59163 Cut

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
Years
i couldn't get into my venonat run so i will be doing an ultimate solo run with heracross
firered crystal ruby and pearl

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
I did one on Blue just now.

My goal: end the game as fast as possible and buy a Porygon at the Game Corner at the end.

I ended with:

Jessica the Blastoise lv 88

Moves:
Surf
Rest
Ice Beam
Body Slam

Stats:
Attack: 215
Defense: 235
Speed: 197
Special: 232

My slaves were: Sandshrew (strength), Bellsprout (cut), Drowzee (flash), Farfetch'd (Fly).

I counted 19 Pokemon center trips, 2 rests during Silph Co. Mission and one Pallet Town rest.

Game Time: 46:00
Real Time: 2:20 or so
Money (after Porygon purchase): 246,948
Pokedex: Seen 129, Own 12

I want to do a 150 Pokedex challenge using combined Red/Blue games and emulator trading but today was my first day off in a while, lol.

Enigma

Years
Completed Ruby, will move on to Platinum or Pearl soon.

New Update:

Spoiler:

Final Stats:
Spr_3r_087.png

Arctic (Dewgong) Lv. 76
Naive
Ice Beam, Surf, Waterfall, Aurora Beam

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Mind if I go on about this challenge? I've started myself already, and I've been partaking in a Ruby run using a solo Shroomish/Breloom. I haven't decided if I will evolve Shroomish yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back