View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
It doesn't ring any bells for me SonicTH, but i'll search around for you.

No, Arcanine is not a Legendery. That term is just used in the PokéDex to describe it's strength and species - but that can just be thought as a matter of opinion. Anyway, it can't be because Legendaries cannot evolve.

I found an artical on it from Wikipedia; (although this isn't a trustworthy source I do agree it somewhat makes sense.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Arcanine's species is classified as "Legendary" in the Pokédex, although the word is probably used in an entirely different context than with the actual Legendary Pokémon. It is theorized, however, that Arcanine was one of the original three Legendary Pokémon, the other two being Zapdos and Articuno. It is thought the game designers decided to make all three legendary Pokémon birds and so they replaced Arcanine's status as the legendary fire Pokémon with Moltres.[citation needed] They did, however, give it the label of "Legendary Pokémon". Arcanine's sum of base stats are the highest below 580, which is the benchmark for Legendary Pokémon like Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

In the Series 1 episode: "Emergency!" An image of Arcanine appears on a stone tablet of Legendary Pokémon, alongside Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.