View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
If it's worth it I'd like to toss in my 2 cents.
Heard a rumor from a "reliable source" that Zel's back and working on Shiny Gold again... and LinkandZelda returned to Liquid Crystal, I know that for sure as I got a copy of the Liquid Crystal dev pack, wolololololo, but then he closed the download for it and released beta 3.
Could be just rumors, but I trust my source, as he's been around the block a time or 2 if you catch the metaphor.

I've been in need of a bunch of new material as well, as it seems a portion of my hacking information and tools may have become a tad out-dated.
It seems HackMew is dead now, as well as many mid-school hackers and tool devs, adding to the collection of exceptional hackers long disappeared from our quaint yet lovable little community.

I myself have been keeping out of the 4th/5th gen stuff since my PC's hardly strong enough to map-edit the Advance GEN games, so I dunno much about that.
I heard somewhere at one point in time too that the Pokedex for the GBA games finally got an upgrade, as someone apparently managed to fit more pokemon in the pokedex.

I guess this could count as a request as well, was wondering if someone could point me towards the most recent advances in GBA hacking, considering the search isn't well suited for that, as I don't know what to search for.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

TL;DR? Zel might be back, People are dead, I need help finding updated info, any help?

If we really want advances lets work and focus in these catagories

1) More pokemon in the Pokedex (if possible adding more than the 25 allowed without replacing) this will do wonders in the hacking community it will rock our world!

2) A little more research on rom expansion, can we really use all the extra space for scripts etc?

3) the follow me script the everyone has been asking for (like pikachu in yellow)

this is all i have from the top of my head

If we can put our heads together and focus on these issues we can completely change the GBA hacking field the dynamics of it

tons of awesome hacks can be born if the issues above were tackled.

and i did hear that LinkandZelda and Zeikku returned in early Feb i guess they are still working on the lastest beta.

well thats my two cents thanks for the info guys.