Thread: Development: Animating the FireRed titlescreen.
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Yeah, but not with the way they are stored in the B/W ROM, since they are stored as "parts" rather than full frames. But if you make/find full frames, and give me the order, I can make a video showing it.

EDIT: I got bored an put in Zapdos' animation. Well... kind of. Just the frames. Not the FULL animation, though that is very possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnm4SkwE22I

There is a downside to this hack, though. It takes quite a bit of space. The entire Zapdos animation (frames, tilemap and routine) take up 11.55kb (11,828 bytes) in the ROM. Which only works out to about 0.0007% of the entire (un-expanded) ROM, but it's still quite a bit.
That's pretty damn cool. Not kidding. If I was able to do this for my hack, I would do so by all means. But, the one thing that bugs me the most is the flames in the background. Is it possible to use them elsewhere on the screen. I do know they can be edited using UnLzGBA, but yeah.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world