View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2011, 05:47 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Quote:
Originally Posted by nml View Post
I played this hack and I didn't reach the end of beta, there are 2 reasons of that.

First of all when I first saw Mikachu I thought "Hurray, I have a starter who is psychic type, so it would have decent special attack and special defense. Who knows maybe it would have special attack like Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam". I couldn't be more wrong. It's best stats turned out to be... defense. Next is attack. Specials are Mikachu's inferior stats. Just like Geodude, but I don't try to learn Geodude attacks like thunderbolt or confusion.
It turns out, that my Mikachu on 18 level was to weak to battle 16 level Raticate, it's madness.

However it's not all. I could always throw it on PC, to die forgotten on the last place in party, and battle with other captured pokemons, but there are very few pokemons who would be valuable (Most of them were normal and bugs type) and level of enemies was too high. Just before the second gym wild pokemons were about 19 level, and gym leader/rival has 30 level pokemons. Does that mean that in 8 gym there would be 120 level pokemon? In normal game that level is reached around 5 or 6 gym.
That makes game really irritating and finally when I discovered that gym leader have 30 level Nuzleaf (Dark type ), who beats easily my team - 28 Mikachu, 29 Graveler, 21 Poliwag and 14 Pineco, and having in mind how much time I spent leveling my party, I simply gave up and searched for better hack.

I comment this hack mainly because it was first hack I played, which wasn't (upgraded) remake and I was attracted by this fakemon starter, cause those 2 things and poor dialogues (Especially rival.) doesn't encourage to wait for more. But hey, I'm new here, so maybe I have too big expectations.
I agree with this, the start was in fact cool, but then later on, I had to cheat to beat this beta, I recommend editing Mikachu's stats and wild pokemon/Gym Leaders pokemon, etc. It was just way to hard to beat without cheating...