View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2011 (03:06 AM).
Nyeh?
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by SpeedzSterzz:
I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.