View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011 (01:34 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by mondays suck:
In [whatever political system you are using right now, probably tsarist] Russia, France invades you! Sorry, couldn't resist these two overused jokes.

You're playing with combat animations on? I only did that in, like, my first two games ever, couldn't stand them.

By the way, why are you building a monastery in Rostov? I prefer ruining the economy in a victorious total war over losing cities while building infrastructure. Also, build some Horse Archers already, Napoleon might have Spears but except in the cities you can just run away from them and leave them to the supporting axes. Reclaim Novgorod and then take Paris - or raze it as it's one tile off the nearby river, in my shadow game I only kept it because it had the Pyramids in it.

EDIT: And then I realized I forgot once again you actually already played more than you posted. But at least it's what I probably would have done at that point.
Yeah, I kinda am way ahead. Last I played was last weekend, though, so I've been working on getting this caught up. *goes to check last screenshot* When I finally get this caught up, it will be at turn 227.

Also, 15 turns is way too long for a military unit.

-------------------------------------------

So here's an update. It's a pretty big one at 20 images.

Game 1 Update 13:

Spoiler:

Having failed to slow the invasion, we are going for Construction to research Catapults.

And now Rostov is being invaded. :(

No Gandhi, no.

As you can see, I lost Rostov. I then bought myself peace with several technologies.

This city shall build a Lighthouse.

I should expand while we have peace with Napoleon.

Fine, Joao. If only because you're pretty menacing in your own right.

Time for a change in civics.

But you won't care enough to declare war on me. Chicken.

And back to wonder accumulation I go.

This wonder will help greatly in the event of another war with Napoleon.

And I think we'll need some production benefits for the long term here.

And I think we'll try for Aesthetics for the sake of trying for the Shwe****n Paya.

Figures I get outvoted. At least I know I am an impediment to any sort of diplomatic victory with the number of votes I possess.

Oh, and I've founded my newest city for my iron source here.

No, no, no, no, no, and even if you ask a million times, the answer will still be no!

That Great Library could prove beneficial if I build it.

Oh, look! A Great Prophet! My cities are pretty much churning these things out like candy.

You're puny and insignificant, so no.

Just... NO.

End Update 13.

You see why the subtitle contains misadventures now? ;)

KYON-KUN, DENWA