View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
3dd13
Advanced Music Remixer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 3dd13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
That's because it isn't. It's just the same insturment sample playing and progressively increasing in pitch with each individual short note that is played, for example, 1 note that is about 0.5 seconds plays atone, then the next note plays a tone or two higher and it keeps going, like stairs.
i understand that, what im saying is if you rip a 1:1 of the midis from the game, you notice, that its the same, but a synthisizer cannot make that bend. i guess its something only the ds hardware can do :/ ah well, im going to keep reasearching this and a few other things about it. for the time being, the soundbanks tell the ds to load certain samples. bottom line, the ds uses gm in its songs, but the soundbanks dont. therefore a soundbank is nothing more than a special custom soundfont, the only difference being it doesnt actually contain the instrument samples, just points to them and tells the ds what to apply it to.