Thread: [Pokémon] Champion Game [M]
View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Bay Alexison
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Yay, new fic from you! :D You better finish this one~

Anyways, have to say an interesting start here. Not the first time I see a fic start with the Champion wondering what he should do, but those stories always have great character development potential. I can see how the Champions that are young would wonder, "Okay, I beat the League, now what?" and there are different paths to it. I'm actually wondering what Ren will do now. Hm...Either case though, looking forward to the first chapter!

Before I go, I really need to pinpoint something from another review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Snow View Post
I enjoyed this mostly. I don't personally like how the story is begun (structure wise) that much because I personally dislike prologues. I try to avoid starting any of my stories with a prologue. One thing that caught my eye though was the fact that you said that Ren defeated thirteen gym leaders. I am pretty sure there were eight gym leaders in Hoenn and in all the regions of Pokemon. (Besides Orange Island, but I don't believe that is canon.)
It is still canon, just not in game verse. Just because something different is in the anime doesn't make it less qualified for what is canon in the Pokemon world. The games, anime, and mangas have different interpretations of the Pokemon world and each one can be canon. It just depends which verse you'll go with when you do fanfiction.