Thread: FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Well I've started using the shaded trees and they do look better.

I'm limited to a 64x64 sprite. Mine is 64x64 already so there isn't much I can do with it. Besides I like my sprite the way it is.

I've packed so much content into the hack that the ips is bigger than the forum allows so I have to reduce it by compressing it into a .rar file.

Update:
I want to thank everyone who downloaded this alpha. 71 downloads in 5 days is stupedous! I would also like to apologize for the amount of bugs in this hack. In my rush to get the alpha released on 17th, I must have missed them all. Either way I fixed all of the errors that have been slashed through. I won't release an updated alpha though, as I see no point in it - only 2 months til the 1st full beta. Headbutt Trees & Berry Trees do make a return! When you headbutt a tree either a pokemon will fall out or a bunch of berries will. The new system is quite cool really. I've also upgraded a buttload of trainer sprites to match the look of the battlegrounds and the updated pokemon sprites. I'm showcasing just a few.

Minigames:
I'm not sure if the Bug Catching Contest will make a return, but I've added two new minigame/sidequests. 1st one is called Tasty's On The Go! and basically you deliver food to people all around Zinnos. Some people will pay in cash, other in a pokemon battle and some in the form of useful & rare items. The 2nd mini game is called Who You Gonna Call?. This is an exterminator minigame. Basically you go around Zinnos exterminating ghosts/rodents/pests in people's houses. It's a chance to find rare items and fight Pokemon that you wouldn't normally find early into the game. Both minigames will be available in the first beta.

Screens:

Conclusion:
Next update will come soon and bring more screens and good news. Everyone keep downloading and playing the alpha, that way you have a headstart when the beta comes out!

~QM
The second sidequest sounds really interesting. :3
I like that you're using the shading; your maps look a lot better now. And the new worldmap is pretty cool too. :3

Keep it up; I can't wait for the beta.
Pokémon Stardrop