Thread: FireRed hack: Pokémon darkblack.
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ View Post

wasn't there a hack called pokemon black before the official black and white were released? if so, then they stole the name, but we couldn't do anything about it because if they find out about all the people hacking their games, we could get into some trouble no?
If GameFreak stole the name then that would mean they come on to Pokecommunity, and in that case Pokecommunity would've had to be closed down probably.

Anyway R0bert, this is looking pretty nice so far, although the mapping could definitely be doing with some work, and that grass tile has got to go. Maybe using HGSS styled grass? I was using those same tiles ages ago in I/S and HGSS styled grass worked out a lot better. Title screen is decent, but maybe a smaller/better font? More scripts please. And the story...is one big fail. Sorry, but honestly, you and your friend just randomly decide one day to become Pokemon Trainers? Guy randomly gives you a Pokemon? Could be doing with a lot of work. Btw I know where your Mother is. For the features, you've said RTC and Seasons. Ok, with that smexy new tool seasons are easy, but for the RTC, what are you really going to do with it? RTC imo is better when it is used for time-based events, however you say you cannot script. For the no Pokedex...just don't set the flag. And the whole sexism thing, why not just give the player a choice of two different outfits? Anyway, hope to see some more of this soon

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC