Thread: Development: Uncatchable Pokemon
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2011 (6:52 PM). Edited May 2nd, 2011 by metapod23.
Hardened Trainer
Nature: Timid
Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
Go to tools menu in VBA and then go to memory viewer and in the blank box put the offset 02022B4C. Click enter and then edit the first 00 numbers that are in the memory viewer.

The reason you want to do this its because that changes the behaviour of the battle and its type. Example: if you set (exactly when the battle music starts, but before the black screen, WHEN THE VALUE IS 00 IN THAT OFFSET) 01 to that offset you get a wild double battle. if otherwise you put 08 to that offset, you get a trainerbattle (even if its a wildbattle!!). Find the value that makes the pokemon turn uncatchable. I already did that but i forgot what byte is....

Thanks, after some research I can say that it seems that 0x02022B4D is the byte that determines the ghost battle itself. If it's set to A0, B0, C0, D0, E0, or F0 it becomes an identified ghost (Silph Scope reveals it) Pokemon that can't be caught. If set to 80 or 90 it is the unidentifiable ghost which cannot be caught or battled.

Is this the information I need, and if so, what do I do with it?

EDIT: Also, interestingly, if you change the second part of the byte at that offset, it goes from the old man catching a wild Pokemon to a dialogue box that says "Items can't be used now" whenever you select "Bag."