Thread: FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1234321 View Post
looks awesome cant wait for the beta also when i downloaded the alpha i couldnt find a guy in the mozilla pokemon center giving away an egg?
That event isn't out yet. Please refer to the bottom of this post for more information.

Update
First off, I want to apologize for my lack of updates in the thread. It's finals week at my college so I haven't had time to update the thread, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on this thread. I've even gotten to about the same place I was before finding the Minun glitch, so here we go:

1. First things first, in reference to the event The Eggciting Mystery, that I promised to release to make up for the buggy alpha, I've decided to postpone that event. It is still in the game, it's just not gonna be out yet. I don't know when I'm going to release it just know that it's done and just waiting to be activated.

Instead I'm releasing a different event. This one is called The Eggcellent Togepi. It's not as super awesome as The Eggciting Mystery but it's still pretty cool, imo. The event will be out May 30th 2011. This is also the release date for the updated alpha, just 21 days before the official 1st beta. The event is activated in Embark Town. Just go to the PokeMart and you'll find a deliveryman [they wear a green uniform] who will announce that you've got a brand new Mystery Gift. The Togepi is Lv. 5 and has three special moves. Along with Metronome The Togepi also knows Softboiled, Egg Bomb, and Refresh. And on that note I'll transition into my 2nd point.

2. Mystery Gift Events. I'm trying to emualte the 4th Gen as much as possible with this hack. As such the mystery gifts will work in a similar manner. First off Gift Pokemon will all be given the catch location "Mystery Event". This way the game will be able to recognize whether or not a Pokemon was truly obtained in an event or was obtained via cheating/gamesharking. Also all gift pokemon will be given to you in a Luxury Ball. This way they grow happy very quickly.

There are also events that get you items, as seen with the birthday event. These items activate events in the game that you normally couldn't activate. Also some mystery gifts activate events minus the items. Be on the lookout for many events. I have a whole page of them!

3.Micro-tutors. These are move tutors that deal with more exclusive moves. For example one tutor is there simply to teach Persian Pay Day. Another tutor is there to teach Volt Tackle. As they are not major Move Tutors they don't charge rare items, just a small fee. With the release of the beta I'll package a document showing the available micro-tutors and also a list of the mystery gift events available in the beta.

Conclusion
The beta will be out on the 20th of June, expect more updates to come in the following weeks.

~QM