Thread: Help Thread: Map Rating/Review Thread
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011 (3:47 PM).
Shattered Dreams '13
Nature: Adamant
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Map Name: Chroma Town
Map Game: Pokemon ________ edition (fill in the blanks and it can be whatever you want)
Comments: First Town of my hack, Pokemon ________. Player's house at bottom right, rival's house at top left, lab at right, and NPC's house at bottom left. Here you get your first Pokemon, encounter the evil team doing evil stuff, and start of your Pokemon adventure, to become the champion of the Duoso region! Awesome, right? Also the player can't see the sea (lol) or the part at the right, which is why I didn't bother too much there.

Map Name: Route A
Map Game: Pokemon ________
Credits: See above
Comments: Refer to the last time I showed this map. Cba finding it, so don't be lazy like me.
First off I must say I agree with what you said. There are WAY too many 9/10 and 10/10 rating in this thread as of late. A lot of these "10/10" maps are riddled with errors and such,

The first map is pretty cool I guess. What's really putting me off in the style of the mountains, they just don't look at all like Pokemon styled mountains and are very dark. The Lab is HUGE must have taken up a buttload of block space but it seems worth it since the lab looks amazing. The little pond to the east is a nice touch. The mailboxes are a little too big. What are the green things behind the northernmost house's mailbox

Rating: 7/10

The second map is awesome. It's nice and short, good for a first route. It reminds me a lot of route 101 of Hoenn. The signs are pretty cool too, but the bushes are meh, kind of ugly.

Rating: 9/10

Originally Posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ View Post
for the first map, add some rocks on the water, although no one will see most of the bottom part of the map, so scratch that out, your tree placement is well, just regular, nintendo style, can't say much about that.
the second map looks really good for a small route, simple, and looks awesome, i give the first a 9/10 and the second a 9/10 as well.

map name: none
rom base: fire red
hack: pokemon raging fury
comments: one of the towns in the hack.
There is alot going on here. I like the little dirt spot you put in front of the houses just like R/S/E. What I don't like is the Pokemart tiles. To be blunt they're just ugly. The forward facing benches look good, placed quite nicely. The sideways facing ones however don't look as good. They look randomly placed, more specifically the nothernmost bench looks out of place. The wooden posts look out of place too, they're kind of just there. The signpost box looks weird too, it looks more like a box as opposed to a signpost. Otherwise everything looks ok to me.

Rating: 6.5/10
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.