View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2011 (01:19 PM). Edited May 9th, 2011 by Random One.
Random One
Beginning Trainer

I have a question: Is Photoshop a requirement to being able to hack certain parts of the graphics?

It seems the more and more I try to do on my hack, I run into the problem that if you don't have Photoshop you're screwed. I can't change the intro hero, I can't insert tiles, heck I can't even unlz to its fullest potential (or at all).

The problem seems to be with palettes, Photoshop lets you import and apply palettes etc. I have GIMP, Infranview, and Graphics Gale, and not one of them it seems, lets you apply the palettes or work with them the way photoshop can. Is there anything out there that lets you manipulate palettes like Photoshop? Because I'm getting sick of reading "oh do this and that and this and use Photoshop for this and that and this and it'll work no problem" in tutorials and if I attempt to even try I end up screwing up my maps, tiles, or my rom.

For the record, I've tried to download the free trial of Photoshop Elements 9 and... it's still loading. x.X Since it's you know, 1.75 GB just for the first part of it. Bleh.

Do I really have to spend over $100 for something just so I can hack a rom?