View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2011 (01:13 PM).
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by ΣŁ1ŦΣ CHΛRIΖΛЯĐ:
like quilava's master said, the map is too square, the mountain should have a real mountain like form, not all straight, and your tree placement should be more random,if you want to map more natural anyway, and the flowers look weird in a straight line, and the road leading to the bottom seems kinda dull, try to make it so the player will not get bored of following a straight path, add some trees or rocks blocking the way or something, 6/10

map name: none
rom base: fire red
hack: pokemon raging fury
comments: it's kinda big, but there are a lot of things that are going to happen in this map.
This is a really nice map. Very nice use of [what I believe is] Wesley's Merainian Tileset. Especially the road, which is simply marvelous. On the lower right house there;s the fence thingy giving it a backyard effect. Awesome! But there a few things I would change. In front of the lower left house there is a fence that just cuts into the road. Realistically speaking I doubt the town/city would build the road around the bench, chances are they'd just move it out of the way. Maybe you should place it directly in front of the house, with the back of the bench leaning up against the house. I don't love how there are those random logs in the map seeing as this is a city - a port city at that. Speaking of the middle bridge goes from being 3-tiles wide to two-tiles wide. I understand that this is more than likely a space constraint but it just looks bad. There are a few too many rocks on the beach, whereas on a real life beach the rocks would have been cleared away. The ledges also make it [the beach] seem awkward and not very beach-y. Also on the lowest bridge the transition form horizontal to vertical bridge is awkward. Lastly I think it's weird that a city road would lead to a cave on the outskirts of town but it's a nice touch.
I apologize for the long comment just had a lot to say about the map.

Rating: 8/10