View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
OK this is something I can't miss out on. I'm in.

What are your opinions on subjects such as same-sex marriage, abortion, the death penalty, and so on? Why?
-- I am pro-choice. Nobody or their God should be able to tell a woman what she is or is not allowed to do to their body.
-- I am pro-gay marriage. What business is it of someone else if you want to marry the person you love? We are well past the phase in the world where something is or is not OK because God says so. We're better than that, and it's disgusting that people are trying to hold back other people because of their own beliefs.
-- Death penalty? I don't really have a lot of opinion on that one way or the other.

Why are your beliefs the way they are?
Going to assume this is referring to the previous question and not about religion as a whole.
My beliefs are this way because I believe in equality, and I believe that people should be able to freely live the way they want to. Religion causes so much delay and pain, and it's just not good enough anymore. Fictional deities have ruled our minds for long enough, the longer it continues the longer it will be until we have a peaceful world.

Do you believe in any form of life after death?
I'm not sure. I just don't know.

Do you believe in aliens?
Yes, it would be very close-minded in a universe this big to assume that we are the only ones in it.

Does your family and friends know about your faith? If no, why not?
Yeah, they know, it's even Facebook official!

Do you think separation of church and state is different from freedom of religion?
Yeah, they're two separate concepts, but the fact that things like gay marriage still aren't legal means that church and state are not as separate as everyone wants to believe.

If God does exist, what do you think it would be like?
It would be absolutely awful. It would mean that all this talk about "God's plan" would be real, and free will would basically be voided. I couldn't live in a world where God actually existed.

What are your family's general religious beliefs?
I don't come from a religious family, but my immediate family aren't as anti-religion as I am. There is one aunt though, who is so against the Catholic Church that she has spent years stalking high members of the Church in Australia trying to bring them down. The Archbishop of Sydney and Melbourne both have restraining orders on her, and she's started an organisation to bring down the church from the angle of clergy abuse. She's a little eccentric, but I admire that woman.

You can Google "Anne Furness" if you want to see some news stories about her.

---------

Now, onto the topic at hand.
During the rapture, I was serving customers at work lol - they wanted alcohol for their end-of-the-world needs, and I was there to provide.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat