Thread: [Gen V] Strategies and suggestions
View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:03 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-van View Post
Yes I know it is not optimal. This is how I got them and I am too lazy to change them. I am quite familiar with the 252/252/4(6). And I actually did change his item to choice scarf to make up for his speed. It never was expert belt btw I will have to change a couple moves for him...

I was thinking of changing him for conkeldurr or Mienshao if it has regenerator ability. I will have to look into the bulk up set...

Who do you suppose would be a better wall? He has huge def and sp.def and his shadow sneak makes up for his speed. He is just a wall after all lol. I actually just forgot to change out to lefties. That is what they were in the first place

What is the mild nature? I forget the +- of it... Like I said, I am too lazy to completely change things about these guys since they are all lv 100 and I don't really breed and I don't do DW either. (mostly because I don't know how ) What IV do I need for HP Fire?

Meh I also got him from trading so I will go with it. But I will think about changing sp.def for speed and maybe hp.

Ferrothorn @ Lefties
Impish
Power whip/spikes/Leech seed/Stealth Rock
Flawless
252 hp/252 def/4sp.def
If you want bulk and power, use Conkeldurr:
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge/Payback
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Guts

If you want Speed, at the cost of a slight bit of power, use Mienshao:
-Fake Out
-Hi Jump Kick
-U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Stone Edge
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe or 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator

Even though Gliscor doesn't have Dusknoir's huge Special Defense, it can be considered for a wall:
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Facade/Ice Fang
-Protect
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

Mild boosts Special Attack and lowers Defense.

For this Ferrothorn set, Spikes, Leech Seed and Stealth Rock are all illegal together; you can only have 2 of the 3. In the last slot, put in Gyro Ball for STAB, and change up the nature and EVs to this: Relaxed/Sassy with 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef.