View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I think I'll join. I'm not gaymyself, but I have plenty of friends who are, as well as being part of the GSA at school...which is interesting because Notre Dame won't accept it as an actual student organization even though it's applied 15 years in a row.
Hey Toujours, welcome! Have they given an actual reason for not accepting the group? It may not be appropriate given it's a Catholic school (gay-friendly as the school may be, it's not exactly in the official Catholic party line and may be hard to explain to higher-ups?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Totally joining.
Welcome, donnavannj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impo View Post
I'll join this.

I think I am asexual, but I can't be sure (after all, I'm only young).
But despite my age I support in gay rights and believe if two people love each other their gender shouldn't matter.
Welcome Impo! Well, I think as an asexual you're represented by one of the A's at the end anyway, so you fit :D

OK. Now the official business is over, I can actually get discussing stuff

On the "who chooses to be gay" line, I've actually come across a lot of parents who perpetuate this with their denial. Like, "oh he's just doing this to be rebellious" etc, simply because they can't get their head around the fact that the life they had envisioned for their child will not be the life their child gets. I think the worst thing a parent can do for a child is to want things for them. Let people want for themselves.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.