Thread: chromophobe;
View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Comic Tragedy

Location: The suburbs, and no I don't need to describe much further.
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
I honestly dislike where your style has gone. You're on a one way, fast track to a slim horizon for art. All your examples are stuck in one style, and looking back on your other work, it's the only style you seem to pull off. I know your work so well at this stage, that I simply think that if you continue to keep going down this route, you'll regurgitate the same stuff over and over. What I see here, is nothing like I've not seen from you before. Your style has become too sharp and contrasted that your focals are too lost in detail. You're enveloping your concepts in too much technique, for all of these.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...alli/angel.png

This is the best though. But again, over contrasted and sharpening is too frequent. I know you like doing it, but your concepts are suffering because you're going too far into your own style. You should branch out a little. And lay off the touch ups a little.

I realise that might sound harsh, they're all good really, but I think a little general critique on style can help also.
DIIIIISSSSAAAGRREEEEEEeeEEEEeeEEeEEEEEE!!!!!!

While I agree you are pushing the contrast in your newer pieces, I feel it has been to general success. For example, /skeletal1.png has high contrast, but it only complements the effects and composition of the tag.

As for where your concepts are going. I think all of the ideas (or how I interperate these pieces) for these tags are really cool, and I think you should keep making art that expresses your true thought. DONT FILTER THE GENIUS! Ahaha, this stuff is gold. Honestly, I don't know how you come up with halve of these sick tag concepts.

Very cool stuff moments. I'm planning to edit this post later to give you what I think of every tag, but for now: 'I APROVE!'

take a few sʇuǝɯoɯ and look at this tag.