Thread: [Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising
View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2011 (03:12 PM).
adventure seeker
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by aquakip:
I think this project looks really nice. I've been following your progress for a while now on dA and am happy you've finally made a thread! I think everything is very well done and organized and they seem to all fit together well. It's not sloppy!

The only problem I really see is the starters. They just don't seem to be match up well. Tyrogue has a split evolution, where it could quickly become an unfair advantage to pick that, while Poochyena and Chingling have one evolution per. I'd consider choosing a different pokemon for the fighting starter.

Maybe Makuhita or Mankey? They're both pure fighting types and are two stagers.
I know exactly where you're coming from, but I've been debating whether or not to change it. Reason being, is that the rivals don't take the other Pokémon, they are completely separate people. So I'm still thinking about it to be honest. I think it's just the fact that Tyrogue give the player a lot more choice and variety, but I know that people can be OCD about it. So I may choose Makuhita.

Also lol @ the person who rated the thread 1 star as I put it up, then didn't bother to comment. <33333

| | |