View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
I had a very quick look at this and was able to make the game generate 2 separate wild pokémon, as opposed to 1 duplicated one, and, despite some odd bugs (like the battle music stopping after the first KO), i'm pretty pleased with this for an hour's work.

I'm currently uploading a youtube video, I'll link it when it's available.

As you can see, the first wild battle doesn't work (I don't know why this happens), but every subsequent battle generates a different Genesect and Pikachu combination.

The battle continues until either you catch one of the two (i'll hack that so that it's like DPPt eventually, only allowing a Poké Ball throw when there's only 1 Pokémon left), or until BOTH are KO'd. The music is a slight problem, but should be easily fixable.

Currently, because I haven't found the routine which picks the Pokémon from the Pokémon in a map, the Pikachu is hard coded. In other words, the second Pokémon will always be a Pikachu, but it will always be a randomly generated Pikachu, almost certainly different from the last one.

All in all, for an hour's hacking, i'm quite chuffed at the result.
Nice! I've been picking and prodding at some of the bytes near that offset that Sonic gave, and I have been able to substitute many things, like the Marowak battle, Teachy TV Battles and Old man battles. Some are rather glitchy though.

I Just found out why it pulls up a wild battle using Archie, but Sonic1 already most likely knows why. If you use the same thing while entering a trainer battle, it makes it a double trainer battle. Since it is trying to activate a Trainer battle in a Wild battle scenario, it pulls the first default trainer in the list, being that Archie. Since there is no default party set, it just sends out ??? Pokemon as it's placeholder and warrants 1 exp. per kill.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Last edited by Team Fail; May 31st, 2011 at 01:06 PM.